Chimney Sweeping and fire safety
Why Should You Have Your Chimney Cleaned?
The main reason you should have your chimney cleaned is to remove flammable creosote which accumulates inside your chimney. If these harmful deposits of soot and creosote are allowed to build up, they will eventually lead to a chimney fire.
Don’t forget our furnace flue – Another important reason to have your chimney cleaned is to clear the flue to allow the toxic exhaust gasses to escape. Blocked furnace flue is among the leading causes of carbon monoxide poisonings.
Our Sweeps will clean your chimney flue from the “bottom –up” – the modern and most recommended procedure for efficiently cleaning a chimney flue. Once the flue has been cleaned, our sweeps will inspect your chimney from the ground-up and provide you with a written record of service which will state the current condition of your chimney.
Is your Chimney Safe?
We inspect your chimney according to the procedures recommended by the National Fire Protection Association. Your Safety is Our #1 Priority!
At Airwiz, a Level 1 Inspection is included in the price during each chimney cleaning!
The technician will check all the readily accessible portions of the chimney, its enclosing structure, and the flue. The inspection report includes verification that the flue is not blocked or restricted.
Here is a description of our work method
Our first concern is to insure your home will remain clean during the process
- First we cover the floor near the fireplace, to keep your house clean
- A high power Soot Collector Vacuum ensures that no soot or dust escapes into your home.
- Than we brush the flue of the chimney from the bottom until the brush gets to the top.
- Once the flue is totally clean, we than vacuum the smoke shelf behind the damper and hand brush the fireplace
- After all parts of the chimney and fireplace are brushed and vacuum we inspect inside the chimney flue for safety and check the structure to see if it needs maintenance
- Once we are finished inspecting and cleaning up we provide a with a 21 Point Chimney Safety report
We make sure your chimney is safe. Every chimney cleaning comes with a safety inspection, no extra charge!
Airwiz provides chimney cleaning, inspection, and repairs
Airwiz is the best reviewed chimney cleaning company in the area. You can see the reviews for yourself on review sites such as Yelp, Angie’s List and Google Reviews You can trust us because you can check it out for yourself.
Don’t rush to hire! We recommend that you spend 5 minutes to learn a few things about chimney cleaning before choosing a company.
Two things you need to learn before you hire any company:
1) How is it done, what is your chimney cleaning process?
2) And review, reviews! Never choose a company without checking their reviews! see our reviews
1. The cleaning process: This is how we make your chimney clean and safe and without any mess
Step 2- The technician sweeps the chimney flue from the bottom up using brushes connected to expandable poles to reach all the way to the top of the chimney flue. A chimney vacuum collects all the soot to avoid any mess.
Step 3 – The fireplace is brushed and vacuumed
Step 4 – During the cleaning we perform a Level 1 Inspection to visually identify any safety issues within your fireplace and the chimney flue.
Step 5 – This sample chimney was full of creosote, ready to ignite at any time.
Step 6 – The fire place is now clean and safe.
7. Your fire place is now ready for you to enjoy a cozy fire and your house is left as clean as before, like we were never there.